AVAILABLE POSITIONS Engineering Manager – Poker
Zynga Poker is looking for an Engineering Manager whose experience can allow them to both manage teams of eight or more engineers. We have a well-rounded, and tight-knit, distributed team with a healthy mix of engineering skill levels, and are looking to strengthen our team in tackling the challenges of running and extending a Live game.
The optimal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience as an Engineering Manager and at least 10 years of total experience working on teams in the game industry.
- Manage a pod of engineers, in their tasks as well as morale, career growth and future planning
- Lead large initiatives and improve efficiencies in development processes
- Define and scope out tasks, systems, and timelines
- Help review and contribute to engineering architectures
- Monitor and improve engineering process
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education / work experience
- 3+ Years experience as an Engineering Manager
- 6+ Years industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software methodologies
- Prior game development experience (on shipped titles or live games experience)
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to build, manage, mentor and lead multiple teams of engineers.
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering stakeholders including design, user experience, product and analytics teams.
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience with git
- Mobile development experience with a focus on iOS and/or Android
- Experience in C/C++/C#/Unity, or similar programming languages and platforms
- Server experience is a plus; for example, web service integration, application server performance, relational databases or data analytics.
- Strives for perfection in development process including planning, time and quality estimation, problem solving, and communicating development status.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Select Your Country of Residence