AVAILABLE POSITIONS Engineering Manager, Metagame – Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Metagame to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will have a passion for leading creative engineering teams and an unwavering commitment to excellence. You share our values of determination, trust and curiosity, and you celebrate and respect diversity of people and ideas. An advocate for our players and ensure they have a world-class experience in our games, and you want your work to positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide. It is more important to us that you understand what it takes to deliver great player experiences and build great teams than having a specific game technology background.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Build, lead, mentor and manage one or two teams (5-10 Engineers) focused on building metagame features in the social, store and player engagement domains
- Collaborate with product, design and central teams to specify and build incredible game features and development tools, unblocking the path for your engineers
- Recruit engineering talent in partnership with our Talent Acquisition team
- Build and execute development plans, create and deploy best-in-class process, and proactively identify and resolve issues in partnership with production
- Grow and mentor your team, earn their trust, advance their skills and their careers
- Contribute positively to the development culture at BossAlien, including working with our international team members and Austin studio, and creating a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Professional experience in leading software development for mobile, desktop, web and/or server applications
- Track record of success in building and managing a team and delivering a software product to market; you have shipped multiple products/games
- A team player who is insatiably curious and strives for excellence
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time