AVAILABLE POSITIONS Engineering Manager – Machine Learning
Interested in creating great products that impact millions of people? Building high-performance systems that rely on big data and machine learning? Want to solve complex large-scale technical problems using the latest technologies? Zynga is seeking a Technical Lead to join the Machine Learning Engineering team in our Analytics organization based out of our Toronto office!
Zynga is one of the world’s largest mobile video game developers with over 65 million monthly active users. The ML Engineering team continues Zynga’s tradition of using analytics technologies to enhance our games. ML Engineers develop and maintain the ML platforms for our Data Scientists to productionize their ML workflows and deal with large volumes of data. ML Engineers also develop ML applications for our games. While ML Engineers apply their work to ML-specific applications, we use standard techniques and technologies for big data infrastructure and large-scale production services.
- Lead a talented team of 4-6 engineers in building and maintaining large scale ML services
- Develop and maintain ML platforms for Data Scientists to use
- Keep up to date with advances in ML technologies and techniques
- Help drive the vision and direction of ML strategy within Zynga
YOU WILL BE A PERFECT FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ Years of experience managing machine learning team
- Knowledge and production experience of ML and programming language such as Go or Python
- 5+ Years of experience working in software engineering roles
- Solid foundation in basic computer science fundamentals and Programming skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, documentation, and operations
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Production experience in software development with 2+ years in building ML applications
- Experience as an Engineering manager for 1+ years
- Programming Languages: Python, Go
- Data Technologies: SQL, Spark, NoSQL Databases
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS
- Deep Learning libraries like Tensorflow/PyTorch
- ML Libraries like XGBoost, SciKit etc.
- Building/maintaining large-scale production services
- Experience developing production ML models
- Background in ML/Stats theory
- Experience or background in Reinforcement Learning is a plus
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $144,000 and $162,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, US, Remote, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition Id: P211980
Select Your Country of Residence