AVAILABLE POSITIONS Engineering Manager – Machine Learning
Interested in creating great products that impact millions of people? Building high-performance systems that rely on big data and machine learning? Want to solve complex large-scale technical problems using the latest technologies? Zynga is seeking a Technical Lead to join the Machine Learning Engineering team in our Analytics organization based out of our Toronto office!
Zynga is one of the world’s largest mobile video game developers with over 65 million monthly active users. The ML Engineering team continues Zynga’s tradition of using analytics technologies to enhance our games. ML Engineers develop and maintain the ML platforms for our Data Scientists to productionize their ML workflows and deal with large volumes of data. ML Engineers also develop ML applications for our games. While ML Engineers apply their work to ML-specific applications, we use standard techniques and technologies for big data infrastructure and large-scale production services.
- Lead a talented team of 3-4 engineers in building and maintaining large scale ML services
- Develop and maintain ML platforms for Data Scientists to use
- Keep up to date with advances in ML technologies and techniques
- Help drive the vision and direction of ML strategy within Zynga
- Experience as a technical lead/manager for atleast 4 years
- Minimum 7+ years of production experience in software development with 3+ years in building ML applications
- Programming Languages: Python, Go
- Data Technologies: SQL, Spark, NoSQL Databases
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS
- Deep Learning libraries like Tensorflow/PyTorch
- ML Libraries like XGBoost, SciKit etc.
- Building/maintaining large scale production services
- Experience developing production ML models
- Background in ML/Stats theory
- Experience or background in Reinforcement Learning is a plus
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition ID: P209786
Select Your Country of Residence