AVAILABLE POSITIONS Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
**Please note, this role will be virtual for Summer 2021. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply!**
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world every single day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S, Canada, the U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
We don’t just develop some of the world’s largest games, we deliver some of the world’s largest infrastructures. We blaze trails in all facets of game design, mobile technologies, and scalability. Zynga faces a number of challenges unique to our situation: the large data requirements of online gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions. The Zynga team is willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge. And if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, we innovate as necessary.
We’re looking for intern developers to bring mobile games to the forefront of the industry.
- Build new games and features seen by millions of players on Android and iOS
- Work on various app components from gameplay to UI to networking
- Brainstorm new ideas for games and features with the team
- Work with an agile team of other developers, artists and product managers in a startup environment
- Participate in studio hackathons to build cool new game ideas and awesome features
- Learn the latest technologies and best practices with your own mentor
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university, working towards a degree
What we are looking for
- Current student working towards an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Java, Objective-C, or C/C++
- Android or iOS frameworks
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Version control such as Git
- Passion for games and latest mobile trends
- Ability to adapt to ever changing requirements and latest technologies
- Ability to work well within a small, dynamic and fast-paced team
- Knowledge of agile development cycle
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Internships, Accelerators & New Grads
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time