AVAILABLE POSITIONS Employee Relations Specialist
At Zynga, we make games that connect people to each other. We innovate to craft experiences that delight our players and take pride in building lasting communities.
We are looking for a hands-on Employee Relations Specialist with experience with employment standards, workplace investigations, Code of Conduct violations, and resolving employee/manager conflict.
Qualified candidates should be self-motivated problem-solvers, who are poised and straightforward with colleagues, empathetic and able to actively listen. Candidates must be trusting and trusted, flexible, emotionally mature, and flourish working collaboratively with people who share these values. An ability to drive systemic improvements over time is required. Candidates should have a familiarity with Canadian and US employment laws, with a desire to expand their expertise to assist with investigations globally. This position will report to the Senior Employee Relations Partner.
- Provide advice and counsel to HR Business Partners and Business Leaders under the direction of the Sr. Employee Relations Partner on assigned employee relations issues.
- Manage the Employee Relations Portal by responding to tickets as the first point of contact, then routing the issue to the appropriate employee relations representative
- Ensure ER issues and concerns are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with Zynga’s values, policies, and appropriate local laws.
- Conduct investigations under the advisement of the Sr. Employee Relations Partner
- Respond to employee issues or concerns in a timely manner, building rapport and trust.
- Assist to design, create and implement programs that improve Employee Relations global processes and practices that contribute to a healthy and productive working environment.
- Resolve complaints and mediate employee conflicts in a timely manner.
- Partner with Learning and Development to propose and implement improvements to management and employee training programs.
- Review and analyze case data, as well as employee survey, people analytics, etc. to identify trends, potential risk areas and opportunities for improving problem areas and capabilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2-3 years Employee Relations or Legal experience with a minimum of 2 years directly managing complex employee relations issues and providing a recommendation to direct line manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Legal, People Operations, employees and managers in a global matrixed organization to resolve issues and grievances.
- Understanding of US / Canadian Federal, State / Provence, and local labor and employment laws with willingness to expand knowledge to include global HR practices and policies.
- Must be highly comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with complex issues, while maintaining composure.
- Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment required.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality is required.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, interpret and make recommendations on ER related data.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: People & Recruiting
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Offsite
Select Your Country of Residence