AVAILABLE POSITIONS Employee Relations Senior Manager
At Zynga, we make games that connect people to each other. We innovate to craft experiences that delight our players and take pride in building lasting communities.
We are looking for an Employee Relations expert with deep experience with employment standards, workplace investigations, Code of Conduct violations, and resolving employee/manager conflict. You are not only a hands-on operator, but also a builder who can assess, and improve our programs and practices in order to develop an exceptional employee experience.
You are a self-motivated problem-solver, who is poised and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and flourish working collaboratively with people who share these values. You are also data driven and through a combination of intelligence, experience and information can drive systemic improvements over time.
- Provide advice and counsel to HR Business Partners and Business Leaders on all employee relations issues. Specifically, ensure optimal decisions are made through influencing, coaching, and providing subject matter expertise
- Ensure ER issues and concerns are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with Zynga’s values, policies, and appropriate local laws. This includes Toronto, ON; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Eugene, OR; Austin, TX; New York, NY; as well as remote employees in various locations across the US and Canada.
- Conduct investigations into Code of Conduct violations
- Works with People Operations team to ensures FLSA classification compliance and oversees job evaluations.
- Respond to employee issues or concerns in a timely manner, building rapport and trust as we engage
- Design, create and implement programs that improve Employee Relations global processes and practices that contribute to a healthy and productive working environment.
- Resolve complaints and mediate employee conflicts in a timely manner.
- Partner with Learning and Development to propose and implement improvements to management and employee training programs
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel to ensure effective case management and resolution.
- Review and analyze case data, as well as employee survey, people analytics, etc. to identify trends, potential risk areas and opportunities for improving problem areas and capabilities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10 years Employee Relations or Legal experience with a minimum of 5 years directly managing complex employee relations issues and advising corporate clients around employment practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with Legal, People Operations, employees and managers in a global matrixed organization to resolve issues and grievances
- Proven ability to be a coach, counselor, advisor and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Solid understanding of Federal, State, and local labor and employment laws and knowledge in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies
- Must be highly comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with complex issues, while maintaining composure
- Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment required
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality is required
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, interpret and make recommendations on ER related data
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: People & Recruiting
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time