AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Architect/Distinguished Engineer
Zynga’s software engineers don’t just develop some of the world’s popular games, we deliver some of the world’s largest infrastructures. Our engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, mobile development, web technologies, and massive scalability. Zynga faces a number of technical challenges—but many are unique to our scale: the evolving landscape of online gaming requires us to continually push boundaries. Zynga software engineers pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn’t exist, we innovate as necessary. Our software engineers easily move between front-end, back-end, and architecture roles.
As a Senior Architect/Distinguished Engineer at Zynga,
You will design and implement major systems in the game client across various platforms
You will collaborate across disciplines on game design and feature set
You will mentor the development teams on architecture, process, and engineering results
You will be the technical expert on mobile technology and/or Unity
You will evaluate and identify appropriate technology choices for our game and team
- 10+ years of professional game development experience
- Shipping experience with mobile games on Unity
- Expert on Unity/C#
- Propensity to stay ahead of the technology trends
- Ability to communicate with engineers and non-engineers effectively
- Ability to mentor engineers on technical ability, architecture, best practices
- Ability to interview, train, and support junior developers
- Broad, full-stack engineering expertise
- Professional mobile experience (through and beyond ship)
- Ability to build actionable plans to achieve goals at any timescale—daily to yearly
- Ability to identify and solve large challenges creatively
- Excellent analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, and a passion for collaboration
- A knack for mentoring and leveling up colleagues
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time