AVAILABLE POSITIONS Director of Product – Star Wars
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
We are looking for a Director of Product to join us at NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group (ASG) in creating Star Wars: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will use a combination of excellent analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and build extraordinary experiences that will impact our players’ lives. You will have a consistent record of owning and delivering experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- As part of the ASG leadership team, you will define and drive the game’s business strategy to build a robust product roadmap for development and post-launch live operations.
- Lead and manage a team of high caliber Product Managers, supporting their career development, and maximizing their impact through coaching and process improvements.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Design, Art, Programming & Analytics) to design, scope and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics.
- Drive user and competitive research, driving the usage of core innovative game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market.
- Effectively champion product vision & strategy, monitor product progression through completion of milestones and partner with other parts of the organization including Central Analytics, Consumer Insights and Product Marketing.
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports.
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in depth analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts business metrics
- Be a player champion!
Required Experience & Skills
- Product Management experience in free-to-play game development, with a proven track record in managing live operations, balancing in-game economies and leading PM teams
- Previous experience with new game development from concept stage through to worldwide launch
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Experienced at articulating product vision, driving team-wide and studio-wide alignment and evangelizing the vision to key stakeholders
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organisational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of mid-core/action-strategy/RPG genres
Desirable Experience & Skills
- STEM graduates, MBA preferred
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Product Management
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time