AVAILABLE POSITIONS Director of Global IT Operations
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to craft the future of the fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
Zynga is looking for a Director to lead our world class IT Information Technology team based in our London office. The IT Director will play a critical role in developing IT strategy, driving operational excellence and maximising the potential of Zynga’s systems services and teams. You will build and maintain strategic partnerships with business leaders possess a strong sense of ownership deep knowledge of a variety of technologies and broad problem solving experience.
This position reports to the Zynga Director of IT and provides a unique opportunity to contribute to Zynga’s success during an exciting time in the company’s history. If you’re a strong leader with a proven track record and a passion for technology we want to hear from you.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive operational excellence within the IT organisation
- Collaborate with key decision makers and business owners to align requirements and needs with IT initiatives
- Define and execute the IT vision and strategy at NaturalMotion
- Lead and mentor multiple technical support operational teams
- Drive results with clearly defined priorities effective resource allocation roadmaps project plans and execution frameworks
- Oversee the NaturalMotion annual IT budget and balance business requirements with cost savings
- Manage the IT hardware and software asset lifecycle
- Upgrade systems, invest in new technologies and gauge supply demand to maintain operational efficiency
- Collaborate with Zynga’s information security team to implement and operate critical cybersecurity solutions
- Develop and implement standards, policies and processes for on call support, change incident management, service delivery, system architecture, security disaster recovery and purchasing
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Computer Science or related field
- Experience in an IT leadership role
- Deep knowledge of IT and computer systems, including significant experience managing enterprise technology at scale
- Excellent interpersonal listening verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrable ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills that lead to mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proven ability to motivate and lead technical teams
- Able to stay ahead of the technology curve.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Master’s degree in Information Systems Computer Science or related field. ITIL certified
- PMP or Agile project management experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time