AVAILABLE POSITIONS Director of Engineering
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games – Empires & Puzzles, Merge Dragons, CSR Racing 2, Farmville, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words with Friends and Zynga Poker span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express.
Come join us, thrive, and take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform mobile.
Zynga India is Zynga’s largest studio outside USA with 400+ people and growing rapidly. It manages some of Zynga’s biggest global games in the Casual Gaming, Action Strategy, Match-3, Slots, and Invest Express genres. The game teams are responsible for the long term-vision of the game, its entire Game Design & Tuning, Product Roadmap, Features, Content & Creative decisions, Art work (2D, 3D, Animation), Development, QA/Testing, Analytics & Performance Tracking, User Acquisition & Live Operations.
The Zynga India team is full of passionate gamers, who love to play, build great products, and have fun doing it. Studio I expect continued growth and is looking for strong leaders to expand the studio into this next growth phase.
The Director of Engineering position will play a key role in leading multiple teams supporting development of games.
- Effectively run and lead multiple teams of software engineers working on mobile and web games
- Track record of building successful teams and delivering and operating sophisticated software products
- Demonstrated success at developing and leading people and growing their careers
- Drive technical excellence by validating technology choices, architectural design and code quality, diving deeper when necessary
- Enable the team to succeed by identifying gaps, improving engineering process and providing growth opportunities
- Be the voice of the team in interacting with various stakeholders across disciplines both inside and outside of the organization
- Act as a conduit from executive leadership down to the team, distilling strategic direction into tactical action
- Collaborate with other technical leaders at Zynga to drive best practices and engineering culture
- Coordinate closely with other disciplines (especially Production and Product) to ensure alignment against larger organizational goals
- Collaborate with design, product, analytics, user experience, live operations, central and leadership teams to specify and build incredible game features and development tools
- Be an expert recruiter of top engineering talent
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience directly managing teams of software engineers
- 15+ years of prior hands-on software development experience
- Solid understanding of best practices for engineering process, code quality, build/release pipelines, security and live operations
- Knowledge of the mobile landscape and emerging technologies
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages and platforms (Java, C#, C++ and/or Go)
- Familiarity with agile development methods and tools
- Full stack experience on iOS, Android and AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with Unity would be a plus
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Careers region: India
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Bengaluru, India
Careers Type: Full-Time