AVAILABLE POSITIONS Director of Engineering- Star Wars
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Our team is seeking a Director of Engineering to join us in our growing Austin studio, leading the cross-platform development on Star Wars: Hunters. The ideal candidate will be accomplished in leading effective console engineering teams. You share our values of determination, trust and excellence, and you celebrate and respect diversity of people and ideas. You advocate for our players and ensure they have an outstanding experience in our games, and you want your work to positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Build, mentor and direct a team of engineers in the Austin studio to build console games.
- Collaborate with design, art, production, analytics, business, QA, live operations, central tech and leadership teams to specify and build sophisticated game features and development tools for games.
- Create and execute development plans, deploy best-in-class processes and innovate in software development. Proactively identify, prioritize, triage and resolve development issues as they arise, in consultation with other subject area leaders in the studio.
- Inspire, grow and lead managers. Guide and mentor your leads to be the best they can be for themselves and for their staff.
- Lead by example. Be a strong technical partner for the leads and engineers. Be a domain specialist in one or more technical areas such as gameplay, UI/UX, rendering, server infrastructure etc. but also comfortable leading a technical discussion in any domain.
- Attract and recruit top engineering talent.
- Be responsible for the successful launch of a new, premiere cross-platform action game that will engage with millions of players daily.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent preferred.
- Extensive experience leading console software development.
- Consistent track record building successful teams and delivering and operating multiple sophisticated software products.
- Shown success at developing and leading people and growing their careers.
- Hands on knowledge or experience with the Unreal engine or an equivalent proprietary game engine
- A standout colleague who is insatiably curious and strives for excellence.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time