AVAILABLE POSITIONS Director of Engineering – Analytics
Interested in creating great products that impact millions of people? Building high-performance BI and optimization systems leveraging big data and machine learning? Want to lead and grow a world-class team of full-stack, back-end, and ML engineers? Zynga is seeking a Director of Engineering to join the Analytics team!
The Analytics Applications Engineering team builds systems and solutions for experimentation, optimization, business intelligence, user acquisition, and machine learning applications. The experimentation and optimization systems are used by game teams to conduct A/B testing, ramping up features, and optimize various aspects of social gaming. Our business intelligence system enables game teams to discover and gather player insights to make data-driven decisions and our ML platform serves the model development and deployment needs of our engineers and data scientists. In addition to the core products mentioned above, we also collaborate with our analysts and data scientists to build new applications and platforms in Analytics.
- Partner with internal business units including game studios, data science and analyst teams, and publishing groups to understand business goals and build analytics and ML products that help us to achieve these goals.
- Build, manage, and lead multiple teams with responsibility for 15+ full-stack, back-end, and ML engineers.
- Provide strong mentorship and guidance for the teams, continually improving engineering best practices and providing support to keep team morale high.
- Drive operational excellence with development processes that lead to the teams consistently delivering projects on time, in scope, and in budget.
- Provide clear communication with teams, partners, and management to ensure proactive resolution of potential challenges as they arise.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of related experience in leading engineering teams, including 3+ years of leading Machine Learning or Data Science team(s).
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering managers.
- Deep domain expertise in building high-scale analytics systems including BI, experimentation, and ML solutions.
- Highly technical, confident at the operational management level, and comfortable in an engineering heavy organization.
- A proven ability to motivate teams and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with a track record in building strong internal relationships.
- Strong demonstrated ability to skillfully hire, develop, lead, motivate, performance manage, and coach a cross-section of engineers and managers.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time