AVAILABLE POSITIONS Data Scientist
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games, played by tens of millions of people around the world each day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, Merge Dragons!, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots, Toy and Toon Blast, and CSR Racing.
The Marketing Analytics team has been charged with supporting audience growth functions across our portfolio. We utilize the vast amount of internal and third-party data available to provide reporting, tooling, and automation solutions that elevate the various functions in Zynga’s Marketing organization. Our roadmap has one purpose: to expand Zynga's ability to reach new audiences.
As a data scientist, you will use your machine-learning expertise to capitalize on some of our most ambitious opportunities. Predicting LTV’s, optimizing spend allocation across titles and networks, building publisher recommendation engines, and automating ad sentiment evaluation through computer vision and AI are only a small sample of possible projects for which you could be asked to design and implement solutions. The demands on this team are constantly evolving with the needs of Zynga’s dynamic marketing teams, so it is important that you be able to adapt and utilize your time efficiently.
- Use our modern tech stack, AWS (Redshift & Kinesis), Databricks and PySpark, Airflow, and Tableau to develop innovative tools
- Work closely with marketing teams to craft, test, verify and implement machine learning models to optimize Zynga audience growth
- Apply statistical methodologies to evaluate performance and account for uncertainties in major initiatives
- Design and develop using standard practices within a GitHub environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in data science, machine learning or analytics role
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, statistics, experimental design, computational analytics, econometric modeling, data visualization
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and other programming languages; Experience in applying machine learning on large datasets, preferably using Spark on Databricks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for all full time employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Work alongside driven individuals towards a common goal
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Austin, TX, Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID: P208808
Select Your Country of Residence