AVAILABLE POSITIONS Data Scientist (Full Stack) – Marketing
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_110302
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games, played by tens of millions of people around the world each day. To date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, Merge Dragons!, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots, Toy and Toon Blast, and CSR Racing.
The Marketing ML team is a group of full-stack data scientists charged with building core products for the measurement, optimization, and automation of marketing functions across this vast portfolio. These products are vital to Zynga’s marketing success, informing all facets from operational and executive decision-making.
As a full-stack data scientist, you will use your expertise across machine learning, software engineering, and business analytics to build end-to-end solutions that scale across our broad portfolio, and provide prescriptive actions to some of the most exciting problems in the marketing space. Designing algorithms to optimize spend allocation across titles and networks, building a real time LTV prediction engine, defining a scoring system to assess the performance of creatives are only a small sample of possible projects for which you could be asked to craft and implement solutions. You will be entrusted with key initiatives and given a fair amount of autonomy, so it is critical that you bring technical excellence, a mind for architecture, and a mature sense for timelines to this role.
- Design, build and maintain well crafted, efficient, and scalable pipelines and tools by applying our modern tech stack
- Apply statistical methodologies and quantitative modeling to resolve problems, evaluate performance and account for uncertainties in major initiatives
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (including Data Science, Marketing, Product and Engineering) to rapidly implement and iterate
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in data science, machine learning or analytics roles
- Experience building productionized predictive modeling pipelines using mainstream cloud computing technologies such as AWS, GCP, Databricks
- Experience implementing continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) practices with proper monitoring, validation, and governance of ML models with MLOps platform such as MLflow
- Proficiency in SQL and Python is required. Knowledge around ETL pipelines in Airflow preferred
- Experience building reporting dashboards using Tableau or similar tools
- Full-stack knowledge, especially around software-engineering principles such as modularity, automated testing, and documentation
- A strong statistical background building sophisticated models that can reasonably describe actual underlying data generation processes. Experience with Bayesian modeling preferred
- Experience exploring and implementing innovative ML/AI methods and the ability to apply that knowledge broadly across our various data pipelines to improve efficacy and efficiency
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Select Your Country of Residence