AVAILABLE POSITIONS Data Analyst 3 – Social Slots
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world every single day. To date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across the Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, Merge Dragons!, Empires & Puzzles, Game of Thrones Slots, Toy and Toon Blast, and CSR Racing.
Zynga’s Data Science and Analytics team uses our outstanding and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We continually strive to better understand our players and provide them with experiences that surprise and delight.
Here’s where you would come in: as a member of Game of Thrones Social Slots. A successful candidate will be passionate about using analytics and data science to impact revenue through customer-centric, data-driven initiatives.
This person will partner with other analytics/data science teams and studio leaders around the globe to identify and act on opportunities to increase engagement, retention, revenue, optimization, and improve the player experience for our customers.
- Use our modern tech stack, AWS (Redshift & Kinesis), Databricks and PySpark, Airflow, and Tableau to find opportunities to improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players.
- Own objective evaluation of game health and all content/feature releases, through daily KPI reports, business health meetings, and feature/event readouts and analysis.
- Engage with the game leadership team to provide insights and guidance derived from the quantitative study; influence and analytically validate product assumptions and roadmap.
- Conduct partner relationships with leads of the Product Management, Design, Marketing, Advertising, and Production organizations to understand the analytical requirements of the business.
- Build KPI dashboards/reports that signal deviations from expected outcomes, empowering feature owners to run performance for the business.
- Partner with game teams on experimentation efforts, including experimental design and analysis.
- Handle the game team’s data assets by defining telemetry events, architecting data models, and defining data quality governance.
- Collaborate with software architects, database engineers, analysts, data scientists, and game teams to drive key pivotal initiatives for the improvement of the data and analytics infrastructure.
Desired Skills and experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other quantitative field required; graduate degree preferred
- 3+ years of meaningful work experience in data science or analytics role in a product support capacity
- Strong experience in SQL; Proficient in Python; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau
- Experience in distilling large sophisticated data into actionable insights
- Experience with all the following: probability & statistics, experimental design, machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop or Spark environment, and deploying production-ready systems at a scale
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work optimally in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong passion for gaming
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Austin, TX, Remote, US
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Select Your Country of Residence