AVAILABLE POSITIONS Data Analyst 3
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular games that are played by people around the world every single day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games including Empires & Puzzles, Toon Blast, FarmVille, Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
The big part of the success of all of Zynga’s games is insightful and innovative ways of using data. Zynga’s Data Science and Analytics team uses the latest analytics technologies across our expansive data to deliver fundamental insights on who our audience is, how they engage with our games, and what are the best ways to personalize their in game experience. We strive for a better understanding of our players which translates into challenges and features that delight them.
What we are looking for is passion for analytics and data science and ability to impact game performance through customer-centric, data-driven initiatives. This role will work closely with the Central Product team at Zynga to identify, and act on, opportunities to increase engagement, retention, revenue, optimization, and to improve the player experience for our customers. Furthermore, the role entails close coordination with the wider Zynga’s analytics team to provide novel opportunities based on shared insights as well as introduction on new analytics methods. This role reports to the lead of Zynga’s Global Analytics, a function that focuses on facilitating analytics efforts across the wider Zynga portfolio (Small Giant Games, Peak Games, Gram Games, NaturalMotion, Rollic, and Zynga).
This is a great opportunity for an analytics expert looking to build end-to-end data solutions to generate impactful insights and work on exciting, large scale projects. Furthermore, you’ll have a chance to tackle a variety of projects ranging from creating intuitive dashboards to owning advanced data science solutions, as well as becoming thought leader in analytics to facilitate coordination of global initiatives.
Lastly, this role requires strong technical analytical skills across a wide spectrum, including strong proficiency in scripting languages such as SQL and Python, telemetry definition and data modelling, data aggregation and manipulation, customer analytics, business intelligence, data visualization, and data science techniques.
- Work closely with the product leadership with a focus on generating actionable insights and end-to-end data solutions that have a measurable impact on the core KPIs.
- Proactively monitor the performance of the game and new features, producing insightful analysis and data visualizations, and analytically validate product assumptions.
- Build and maintain relationships with product management, design, marketing, and advertising teams to understand the analytical requirements of the business.
- Leverage our modern tech stack, AWS (Redshift & Kinesis), DataBricks and PySpark, Airflow, and Tableau to identify opportunities to improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players
- Apply predictive modeling and Data Mining techniques for a variety of user modeling tasks within Zynga’s Game Network
- Specifically, you may encounter projects focused on: modeling the in-game economy through simulation, personalizing our in-game store using recommendation algorithms, or combating fraud and abusive behavior through near-real time interventions.
- Own experimentation efforts, including experimental design and analysis.
- Collaborate with engineers to drive key strategic initiatives for the improvement of the data and analytics infrastructure.
- Proactively bring forth new analytical approaches and data science solutions by leveraging the broader Zynga Analytics community.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field required.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in data science or analytics roles; game industry experience is a bonus.
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, statistics, experimental design, computational analytics, econometric modeling, data visualization
- Fluent in SQL, Python, and other programming languages; Experience in applying machine learning on large datasets, preferably using Spark on Databricks
- Skilled in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau.
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably with Spark, and deploying production ready systems at scale; familiarity with DataBricks and AWS is a bonus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Comfortable working in different work environments and cultures with ease.
- Able to coordinate complex initiatives with different stakeholders.
- Passion for gaming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Austin, TX
Requisition ID: P209739
Select Your Country of Residence