AVAILABLE POSITIONS Data Analyst 2
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world every single day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including Words With Friends, FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Zynga’s data science and analytics organization uses our unique and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We strive for a better understanding of our players which translates into challenges and features that delight them and increases social engagement within our games.
As a member of the Central Analytics team, you will partner with other analytics/data science teams and game studio leaders around the globe to identify and act on opportunities to increase engagement, retention, revenue, and optimize the player experience for our customers.
We are looking for a candidate with good technical and analytical skills across a wide spectrum, with a proficiency in languages such as SQL and Python, data modeling, data aggregation and manipulation, customer analytics, business intelligence, data visualization, and data science techniques.
- Work with large amounts of data to find opportunities to improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players
- Design and evaluate novel scalable approaches to experimentation
- Build and maintain Zynga-wide KPI metrics and dashboards
- Work closely with game teams to build, test, verify and implement new analytics technology in Zynga’s games.
- Deliver production-ready analytics products and services
- Encourage and reinforce a data-driven culture through use of Central Analytics tools
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters, MBA preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in data science or analytics roles
- Proficient in SQL; Strong experience with programming in Python; adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: statistics, experimental design, machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, deep learning
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop or Spark environment, and deploying production-ready systems at scale
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, analysts, and marketing to deliver unambiguous business impact
- Strong passion for gaming is a plus!
- What we offer you :
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Data, Analytics & User Research
Careers location: Austin, TX
Requisition ID: P209848
Select Your Country of Residence