AVAILABLE POSITIONS CyberSecurity Senior Operations Engineer
Working with the Director of Cybersecurity, the Cybersecurity Senior Operations Engineer, the role is to focus on today’s evolving cyber security threats. This individual will be a significant contributor to Zynga’s Information Security team, responsible for leading comprehensive security assessments, researching, architecting and deploying technical solutions to provide a multifaceted approach to security. The right candidate for this position will be an experienced security practitioner with a wide range of expertise in multiple security subject areas and an ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Serve as an internal domain expert for information security issues, trends and leading practices, maintaining an in-depth comprehensive understanding of attack vectors, current threats, and remediation strategies
- Strong ability to manage and report on multiple projects concurrently, prioritizing efforts, leading time effectively, and requiring minimal supervision in the execution
- Conduct reviews on new and existing firewall rules and infrastructure request to identify gaps and recommendations in current solutions and processes to remediate risks
- Perform proof of concepts to evaluate technologies and be able to function as the top partner concern point for Information Security controls and risk decisions
- Identify emerging trends in the industry and establish strategic guidance related to standard methodology approaches for address those trends as they relate to Zynga
- Contribute to the development and execution of Zynga’s overall Information Security strategy focusing on identifying protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with addressing trends, threats and opportunities
- Participate in architectural and design discussions, providing technical engineering and architectural guidance to partner teams, studio contacts and senior management
- Build complete security solutions by integrating off-the-shelf and custom security tools
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of detailed security solution run-book procedures and techniques
- Responding to information system security incidents, including investigation of, countermeasures to, and recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and policy breaches.
- Propose improvements to security system architecture and drive automation efforts.
- Assist with documentation of standard operating procedures for Zynga Cybersecurity solutions.
- Root cause and resolve problems with automated security systems and deployments.
- Help mentor junior security engineers and analyst
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience in information technology and/or network engineering with a minimum of 4 years information security
- 4+ years of programming experience (Go, Python, etc.)
- Experience with containerization (Docker)
- Strong ability to manage and report on multiple projects / system deployments concurrently, prioritizing efforts, handling time effectively, and requiring minimal supervision in the execution
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong understanding or ability to rapidly learn the technology and social gaming industry and desire for rapidly growing skills you'll use every day
- Extensive knowledge of cloud based security issues and related activities relating to threat detection, monitoring and response
- Solid team player, collaborating well with others to solve problems in a team-focused dynamic
- Excellent written and communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent meeting facilitation, presentation, report-writing and demonstrated attention to detail
- Passion for continued professional development and ongoing learning
- Desire to participate within the security community through events and conferences, supporting the sharing of information security knowledge and expertise
Recommended skills, experience and certifications
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Palo Alto Panorama or Prisma, Cisco ISE, Crowdstrike Falcon, Splunk ES, Datadog, Tenable Nessus.
- Professional information security related certifications (such as Security+, GIAC GSEC, CCNA).
- Sound knowledge and experience with coordinating and securing Windows, Mac OSX and Linux environments.
- Prior experience with implementing and coordinating enterprise system and network security, including network architecture and security infrastructure placement
- Experience in social media, technology, and/or gaming industry
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
- Previous experience in a solutions engineering professional services role desirable
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $86,000 and $97,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Remote, US
Connected Worker Type: Offsite
Requisition Id: P211955
Select Your Country of Residence