AVAILABLE POSITIONS Cyber Security – Security Operations Senior Manager
Partners with the Director of Integrated Risk Management & Operations team and other Cybersecurity leaders to lead all aspects of and direct day to day operations of the Cyber Security Operations team. Our Security Operations (SecOps) team monitors and analyzes Zynga’s security efforts across the organization and for our players. Our mission is to partner with all studios and game teams to secure systems and network resources to protect the integrity of our games, company data and the confidentiality of player, employee and vendor information. Our goal is to quickly detect and respond to threat actors across the globe leveraging our ability to not only think critically when it comes to security threats, but technically by developing tools (e.g. automate security processes) is essential to our success.
This position requires a track record of leadership and prior experience leading a Cyber Security Operations team using a wide variety of security tools for monitoring and handling a large-scale cloud enterprise environment. The person in this role will also help create, drive and implement strategic direction.
This role requires a highly motivated manager with leadership skills with the ability to lead a team with multifaceted strengths of cyber security analysts and service providers in a 24x7x365 SOC. This individual will need to run all activities of the Security Operations team and ensure that the team is performing all required measurements and tasks in accordance with defined policies, standards, and the program directives.
Most importantly this individual must have good communication skills, including the ability to write and verbally articulate industry terminology, to successfully brief management and the program committee.
- Work with our Studios, product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle to ensure remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into daily operations.
- Generate reporting with a synthesized view of enterprise-wide, insider threat risks and impact
- Be responsible for the Security Operations Center team. Collaborate with senior leadership to develop, as necessary, follow-the-sun incident response capabilities
- Influence policies and develop procedures for all aspects of security operations, focusing on threat modeling, threat hunting, digital forensics and incident response, and vulnerability management.
- Develop and maintain documentation on Cyber Security Operations, incident playbook and runbooks, process workflow, incident handling and forensic response capabilities
- Use cloud security tools such as AWS Athena, AWS GuardDuty, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Lambda, and Splunk to record, monitor, and alert on security events.
- Probe and research security risks that directly impact players
- Research and provide guidance on emerging threats
- Develop and report on OKR's and performance indicators related to vulnerability management and incident management
- Conduct forensics analysis on artifacts collected during incident response.
- Hunt for incidents and identify environment-specific indicators of compromise
- Lead the continuous improvement of the digital forensics and incident response program
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security or Information Technology, (or equivalent work experience).
- Three years of people management experience.
- Experience with cloud security features and vulnerabilities and remediation
- Demonstrated ability in Insider threat, counter intelligence and or cyber security
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with a minimal impact on reliability
- Experience assessing cybersecurity maturity and building multi-year roadmaps to advance maturity; familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK and NIST CSF frameworks.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for player integrity which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- Deep knowledge of SIEM, security tooling across the OSI stack, threat hunting, incident response, and incident management
- Experience leading cyber threat investigations and a keen understanding of the current cyber threat landscape.
- Experience leading a technical team, including Incident Response, Engineering or Forensics teams
- Experience leading incident response efforts and reporting to relevant partners. This should include hands-on experience completing malware analysis, memory analysis and disk forensic
- Experience mentoring and developing security engineers & analyst
- Extensive infrastructure & cloud networking and have applied this knowledge to full packet analysis
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $145,000 and $215,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Chicago, IL, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: R_108373
Select Your Country of Residence