AVAILABLE POSITIONS Cross-play Designer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We have a really exciting and unusual role for a Designer who will specialise in the challenges of multi-platform development, as NaturalMotion leads Zynga’s Cross-Platform initiatives.
As a Cross-Platform Designer you will alongside a dedicated team who are focused on the specific design challenges that come with adopting additional platforms.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Design Feature Execution: Take point on crafting game features specific to individual platforms and control schemes
- Competitor Analysis: Coordinate play sessions and deconstructions of relevant reference titles, and compile reports on information relevant to the project
- Live Game Preparedness: Identify tooling, processes and design feature adjustments which are needed for the long-term success of our titles on new platforms
- Cross-Discipline Teamwork: Work across the entire NM-Racing team and collaborate with all crafts to steer and advise on the design of the game to make the most out of all our target platforms
- Platform expertise: You will develop a deep knowledge with the platforms we support and help the wider team understand platform rules, technology and design approach on each platform we support
Required Skills & Experience
- Design Acumen: You are knowledgeable about both mobile and console games and the key design trends and opportunities that will influence the industry in the future
- Self Motivation and Self Organisation: You manage your own time and priority of work within an agile game team. We would like you to be pro-active in identifying and mitigating risks and issues
- Communication skills: You possess excellent written, verbal and communications skills. You are able to understand the needs of your audience and tailor your communication to them
- Emotional Intelligence: You are an independent worker that is able to quickly integrate yourself into a large, multi-cultural team
- Cross-Platform Design: You have an appreciation for how to develop features that excel on different platforms, allowing players to make progress seamlessly on their platform of choice
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Cross-Platform Design Experience: You can demonstrate experience in some, or all, of F2P, Mobile, PC or Games Console game design
- Live Operations Knowledge: You have knowledge and, ideally, first hand-experience of what is required to operate a game live for years, and anticipate the challenges that will bring to your designs
- Genre Knowledge: A genuine interest in cars and racing games, you can speak with clarity about CSR2’s strengths and opportunities
- Gaming Passion: A real passion for gaming, and an awareness of future trends and industry opportunities in different sectors
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time