AVAILABLE POSITIONS Concept Artist – Contract
Zynga is looking for an expert and talented Concept Artist to join the team in Toronto for a 12 month contract. You will work closely with the Associate UX. Director and the Sr. Concept Art to create stunning stylized imagery for our mobile and web products.
You will be responsible for visualization, concepting various assets to be used throughout the game. Also, you need to be able to execute the existing art style flawlessly with high quality. Equally as important is your ability to design new and appealing visuals.
A passion for creating the unexpected is a must!
The Concept Artist will work with the Associate UX. Director and Sr. Concept Art, creating art assets that drive the visual identity of the game. This Artist will also create final in-game artwork, placeholder artwork, and provide art feedback to the outsource team. The Concept Artist will create whimsical and stylized art that is similar to what we might see in video games, animation films, toys etc.
The concept artist needs to possess a combination of strong traditional art fundamentals with excellent design skills. That will help define high quality game aesthetics to the players.
- 3+ years of concept experience.
- Quick sketching ability.
- Quick visualization ability from written descriptions or discussed ideas
- Excellent painting and rendering skills
- Ability to create cartoony and stylized styles for use in-game and marketing purposes
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues or solutions
- Excellent design skills, including the effective use of color, form, lighting, composition, Anatomy, and appeal aesthetics
- Proficient in character, prop design, and Background designs
- Excellent Photoshop skills and other concept art tools
- Ability to work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director
- Comfortable giving and receiving critiques
- A strong concept art portfolio
- 3D knowledge proficiency is a plus
- Experience providing feedback to outsourced vendor artists is a plus
- A passion for games, virtual worlds, and social networking
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Toronto, Canada
Careers Type: Full-Time