AVAILABLE POSITIONS Concept Artist – Star Wars IP (FTC or Perm)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our concept team, you will have the opportunity to create exciting new concepts for the Star Wars universe as well as collaborating with a diverse team of experienced developers.
As a Concept Artist, you will be working as part of a dedicated team responsible for supporting BossAliens projects, visualizing and assisting the Art Director with establishing the game world and setting, and refining the details. This role will include Characters, Environments and marketing pieces.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To work with the Art Director to maintain the vision and style of the game
- You have the ability to define the look & feel of a game through your concept art and have the personal and professional portfolio to prove it.
- You’re passionate about – and have good knowledge of – character & environment design, art and culture.
- Ability to create unique and original concept characters in the required timeframe.
- You have an exceptional understanding of form and anatomy.
- You can drive a character concept’s evolution from rough concepts to a final tight production board.
- An outstanding portfolio which proves that you have a good knowledge of perspective, colour, lighting and composition
- Demonstrate good knowledge of, industrial design, graphical design and culture
- Demonstrate imaginative and innovative solutions and interpretations to game situations
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience working as a concept artist
- Exceptional 2d skills
- Technical Expertise in Photoshop.
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
- Strong visual sense for characters and environments.
- Highly creative and introduce a fresh scope into any brief.
- Ability to really get ideas, mood and scene settings visualised.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- 3D package experience (Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush SketchUp)
- A Passion for Games
- A liking for the Star Wars brand!
What we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time