AVAILABLE POSITIONS Commercial Counsel
Zynga legal is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic attorney to join our team as Commercial Counsel. The Commercial Counsel will be a member of the Zynga legal Commercial Team and work closely with Zynga’s various internal clients across the globe to participate in all legal aspects of commercial transactions.
- Support business development, product development, advertising, marketing, e-commerce, IT and network operations, general procurement and other commercial functions
- Structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of licenses, distribution agreements, advertising and promotional agreements, product development agreements, and other commercial agreements
- Provide a wide range of advice and counseling on related matters, including intellectual property, compliance, risk management, operationalization and partner relations
- Support commercial due diligence in mergers & acquisitions. Provide guidance and attorney-level support to contract paralegals and file clerks
- Coordinate closely with other commercial attorneys and associates, other legal team members and tax, accounting, procurement and other corporate service partners
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You will have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a law firm and/or corporate law department, preferably working with technology, media and online companies
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Willing to work closely with contracts paralegals and provide attorney-level support as needed
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment with forward-thinking and creative people
- You will have a keen business sense and good judgment
- Strong foundation in lawyering a variety of commercial transactional matters, including matters with significant intellectual property elements
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to come up with creative legal solutions to complex and novel issues
- You will have the ability to strike a sensible and practical balance between legal risks and business objectives
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for mastering and applying complex industry, product and technical concepts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within Zynga as well as external business partners
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently are a requirement. Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle multiple matters and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- You will have a sense of humor
- The ideal candidate will be a member in good standing of the California Bar.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Legal, Finance & Operations
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time