AVAILABLE POSITIONS Commercial Counsel
Considering people on both a full-time or part-time (4 days per week) basis
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Zynga’s Legal Department is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic attorney to join our team as Commercial Counsel. You will be a member of the Zynga legal Commercial Team and work closely with various internal clients across the globe to participate in all legal aspects of commercial transactions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for and main legal point of contact on commercial transactions for our EMEA and India based offices in collaboration with the Associate General Counsel, Head of Commercial
- Structure, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of procurement agreements, IP licenses, SaaS agreements, privacy addenda, platform agreements, advertising and promotional agreements, and software development agreements
- Provide advice and counseling on a wide range of legal topics, including intellectual property, compliance, risk management, partner relations, and global data protection and privacy issues
- Partner with and provide commercial contracts support for various stakeholder teams throughout Zynga such as business development, product marketing, user acquisition, ad monetisation, and IT
- Develop, draft, and implement standardised contract templates and processes
- Oversee outside counsel
- Support commercial due diligence in mergers & acquisitions and other strategic projects
- Provide guidance and attorney-level support to contract paralegals and file clerks
- Coordinate closely with other commercial attorneys and associates, other legal team members and tax, accounting, procurement, and other corporate service partners
Required Skills & Experience
- UK qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Relevant experience in a law firm and/or corporate law department, preferably working with technology and media companies and/or US-based public companies
- Experience and working knowledge of SaaS products, intellectual property laws, data privacy laws, advertising technology, and cross-border contractual issues
- No job is too big or too small attitude and a good sense of humor
- You have pride of ownership in your work
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment with forward-thinking and creative people
- You have a keen business sense and good judgment
- Excellent contract drafting skills and ability to come up with creative legal solutions to complex and novel issues
- You will have the ability to strike a sensible and practical balance between legal risks and business objectives
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Legal, Finance & Operations
Careers location: London, United Kingdom