AVAILABLE POSITIONS Software Engineer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
A unique and exciting opportunity for a Build Engineer has arisen within the CSR Racing development team. You will regularly make use of your strong problem-solving and analytical skills and multi-tasking ability, whilst working in a fast-paced environment, serving as a liaison between operations, engineering, and QA.
This is a great opportunity for someone well versed in the use of C# and Unity to play an integral role in ensuring our game changes are packaged and delivered in a reliable, stable, and efficient manner.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain and build automation scripts to automate code and asset build processes
- Manage releases and deliver iOS and Android builds
- Manage source control branches and manage server-side data branches
- Integrate, track and report changes to the build
- Research ways to improve the software building process
- Produce regular reports and performance metrics related to the build
- Research and develop tools and pipelines for automated testing processes
Required Experience & Skills
- SVN, especially branching, integration and conflict resolution
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Python – to work with existing post-build steps to automatically configure XCode project settings or equivalent scripting languages to automate various parts of the process: archiving, exporting, renaming and copying to various places.
- XCode, especially building, archiving, provisioning, distributing builds
- Android build process using Android Studio, Java, JDK, Ant
- Knowledge of Jenkins or equivalent automation servers and tools
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time