AVAILABLE POSITIONS Build and Tools Engineer – Echtra
Do you love writing tools? Do you want to work on systems that touch many different parts of the game development process?
We are searching for an engineer to help us craft the future of Echtra Games as we build a new cross-platform action RPG. We are a small game studio in San Francisco with a team of veteran game developers, and part of the Zynga family. At Echtra, we value diversity and support work-life balance. We have great benefits, an open vacation policy, and flexible schedules.
As a Build and Tools Engineer, you’ll be improving and extending our Python build and deployment infrastructure, and building tools that make our team and our game work better. You’ll work closely with gameplay, server, and DevOps engineers, and develop tools and systems that tie their work together. You’ll seek out workflows where we could be working smarter, and design and build tools to get us there.
- You’ve worked on an application developed in a dynamic language like Python, and designed and built some of its systems yourself.
- You have some experience with a major compiled language like C++, Java, or C#.
- You have a good understanding of CI/CD systems like Jenkins or Buildbot, and source control systems like Perforce or Git.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with C++ and Python specifically
- A love and passion for gaming!
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Flexible working hours
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Carlsbad, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time