AVAILABLE POSITIONS Build and Tools Engineer – Echtra
Do you love writing tools? Do you want to work on systems that touch many different parts of the game development process?
We are searching for an engineer to help us craft the future of Echtra Games as we build a new cross-platform action RPG. We are a small game studio in San Francisco with a team of veteran game developers, and part of the Zynga family. At Echtra, we value diversity and support work-life balance. We have great benefits, an open vacation policy, and flexible schedules.
As a Build and Tools Engineer, you'll be improving and extending our Python build and deployment infrastructure, and building tools that make our team and our game work better. You'll work closely with gameplay, server, and DevOps engineers, and develop tools and systems that tie their work together. You'll seek out workflows where we could be working smarter, and design and build tools to get us there.
- You've worked on an application developed in a dynamic language like Python, and designed and built some of its systems yourself.
- You have some experience with a major compiled language like C++, Java, or C#.
- You have a good understanding of CI/CD systems like Jenkins or Buildbot, and source control systems like Perforce or Git.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with C++ and Python specifically
- A love and passion for gaming!
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Flexible working hours
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Remote, US
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition ID: P209351
Select Your Country of Residence