AVAILABLE POSITIONS Associate Game Designer
Associate Game Designer
Zynga is looking for an Associate Game Designer to join the team that made the chart-topping match-3 game: Wizard of Oz Magic Match. We strive for excellence in what we do and are on a mission to build meaningful experiences for players in our games. You will be working in a team surrounded by some of the most talented people in the games industry right now.
- Innovate or evolve leading Match-3 game features.
- Effectively pitch new game mechanics and ideas to the team.
- Describe user experience stories and build wireframes and user flows.
- Build clear and complete game design documentation for game content and features.
- Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game design and balance.
- Design and guide the implementation of game features and systems with an eye for engagement, retention, monetization, and most importantly, what players want.
- Work closely with other designers and cross-functionally with UX, engineering, and product management on the design and implementation of new game features.
- Build and lead the implementation of fun, engaging in-game events and other game content.
- 1+ years experience in mobile game design, including at least one year on a game in live ops
- Experience building in-game content designed to appeal to specific audiences
- Deep understanding of basic economy balance and tuning
- Experience writing clear and concise specs, user flows, and feature documentation
- Knowledge of and experience in level design for Match-3 games is a plus
- Expertise with free-to-play games in general, specifically the casual puzzle genre
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme.
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Game Design
Careers location: Bengaluru, India
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: P212073
Select Your Country of Residence