AVAILABLE POSITIONS Associate Art Director – Star Wars
We are looking for an Associate Art Director to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
As Associate Art Director, work closely with the Art Directors, Art leads and the Production team to oversee the creation and completion of the art vision for the game, ensuring art demands are met on time and to schedule without sacrificing the high-quality ethos of the studio, and are delivered in support of design and technical requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity to level up and enhance your career working for a top company in the mobile sector.
- Support the Art Director’s vision, ensuring all creative material is consistently aligned with the game vision and is of exceptional high quality.
- Establish and drive an art culture that engages talent, maximizes team potential, and encourages proactive cross-discipline collaboration to deliver the best possible player experience.
- Build, mentor and direct a team of artists within the Austin studio, through all the production gateways.
- Contribute to studio level planning for the product.
- Be responsible for the art team health including team morale, providing effective oversight of team training and resourcing needs, as well as direct mentoring and development to ‘level-up’ artists.
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process.
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art and assist in supporting all external art requirements to help promote the game pre, and post launch.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience Art directing published AAA titles on console or mobile platforms, with a preference to environment based games.
- Excellent Art Direction skills and leadership with the ability to work across varied art styles.
- An eye for detail, able to apply expert level art judgment on form, perspective, color, style, composition and movement in a way which gives the confidence and authority to own the art quality.
- Proven to be flexible, highly motivated and approachable.
- Deep understanding of how game art/visual design supports gameplay, UX, narrative and brand positioning / marketing.
- Familiar with game pipelines and their restrictions.
- Highly skilled at providing direction, guidance and mentoring tailored to the skill level of team members across all Art disciplines.
- Able to communicate and propagate the artistic vision throughout the studio and deliver concise, upwards feedback to GM, executives and the wider business.
- A passion for creating games.
- An affinity for the Star Wars brand.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to tackle next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time