AVAILABLE POSITIONS Marketing Art Director
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As an Art Director on Zynga’s UA Creative team, you will work with the on-site team’s Creative Director and the on-site artists to establish a regular cadence of Video and Display ad creative as well as all manner of storefront assets for all Zynga titles. We are a performance marketing operation, hence, we sustain a high volume of creatively diverse executions. The Art Director will work closely with the Creative Director and Central UA Creative leadership to understand what is performing in different ad channels and direct the on-site team to generate ideas and executions driven by a focused thought process that identifies and demonstrates a single value proposition/selling point.
- Work with Creative Director and Central UA Creative leadership in order to define priorities and sustain an aggressive delivery cadence
- Direct a team of motion/video artists and graphic designers in their concepting and execution of Video/Display advertising and iOS/Google Play storefront assets
- Research trends on the app store (competitive research)
- Foster a deep understanding of our games and be able to inspire/inform the team with that understanding
- Lead art reviews with peers and staff, providing constructive and positive feedback
- Empower and support your team’s thought process and executions so that they may thrive/succeed despite tight and aggressive delivery schedules
- Understand and be able to articulate artistic rationale in relation to Creative and Art Direction
- Initiate and lead concept creation/brainstorming efforts
- Mentor artists and designers to help them grow into increasingly larger and more influential roles
- 3+ years in a art/creative director role, preferably including time with a casual mobile game developer/publisher
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Art Direction and Advertising production
- Top-notch creative chops: you should be a great artist as well as a great leader
- Exceptional leadership qualities and best-of-breed communication skills
- A strong understanding of 3D, 2D and Mobile game technology
- A great sense of people and how to manage them to reach their career goals and grow their skill sets
- Passion for mass-market casual games is a big plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Full-Time