AVAILABLE POSITIONS Art Director
Zynga is looking for a world-class Emerging Platforms Art Director to lead visual direction and art development process for our Emerging Platforms team. This cutting-edge organization works on multiple projects across a wide variety of non-traditional gaming platforms. You’ll work with a team of talented developers to deliver world-class games in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
As Art Director, you will work closely with the Engineering and Production teams to oversee the creation and completion of the art vision for multiple games, ensuring art demands are met on time and to schedule without sacrificing quality, and are delivered in support of design and technical requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity to level up and enhance your career working for a top company in the mobile sector. Are you ready to be a key contributor to Zynga’s Growth? Come and join us!!
- Establish and drive an art culture that engages talent, maximizes team potential, and encourages proactive cross-discipline collaboration to deliver the best possible player experience
- Take an active, hands-on role in developing, maintaining, and refining game art
- Conceptualize mockups and draft presentations for game pitches
- Support the evolution and maintenance of art pipeline workflow
- Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget
- Develop creative estimates and ensure high quality execution of all deliverables
- Manage external vendors and provide effective feedback
- Creatively problem solve art technical challenges as they pertain to various new platforms
- Contribute to studio level planning for new products
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art and assist in supporting all external art requirements to help promote games pre, and post launch
- Experience Associate Art Director/Art Director roles on published AAA titles for console or mobile platforms
- Expertise in arts/design and HTML5 experiences
- Excellent Art Direction skills and leadership with the ability to work across varied art styles
- An eye for detail, able to apply expert level art judgment on form, perspective, color, style, composition and movement in a way which gives the confidence and authority to own the art quality
- Proven to be flexible, highly motivated and approachable
- Deep understanding of how game art/visual design supports gameplay, UX, narrative and brand positioning / marketing
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Familiar with game pipelines and their restrictions
- Applied conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day shepherding of a project to completion
- Highly successful in team collaboration with product managers and leads
- Able to communicate and propagate the artistic vision throughout the studio and deliver concise, upwards feedback to GM, executives and the wider business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field is required
- A passion for creating games
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Art
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time