AVAILABLE POSITIONS Architect (Unity)
Zynga is looking for a strong Architect level software engineer to join our team! Are you ready to put your code into the next generation of games that will be played by millions?
As an Architect level Engineer you’ll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high quality mechanics that scale! Come join us and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
Candidates will be developing in a Unity based environment. Engineers work together with team members to jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Release. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to growth and success.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Define, architect, & develop core engine components in Unity and C#.
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams).
- Optimize code & memory for high performance on multiple mobile platforms.
- Simulate and test code and algorithms to ensure stability within a global game economy.
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements.
- Mentor other engineers in core language and technology struggles.
You will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles, which have several million users across multiple social networks. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 8+ years industry experience as a Software Developer.
- Strong experience in Unity.
- Expert knowledge of C#.
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Proven ability to architect and design large projects and complicated systems.
- Performance profiling and optimization experience.
- Native mobile development experience, Apple Xcode & Android Studio
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members.
- Experience with common workflow tools like source control (GIT), bug tracking (JIRA), etc.
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Desire to develop games / prior game development game experience.
- Experience shipping and/or working on live game titles.
- Experience in Live Ops situations.
- Server programming experience / PHP language experience.
- Facebook and other related 3rd party SDK experience.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time