AVAILABLE POSITIONS Architect
Words With Friends (WWF) is a group of passionate gamers whose mission is to connect the world through games. On our mobile engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take ownership over your work that reaches millions of daily users. We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high-quality service to millions of players every single day. Teamwork is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and nurture a better work environment.
Everyone here is committed to making our games the best experience for our players. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success!
- Work on the Words With Friends mobile client team in Unity
- Architect, write, and ship elegant and maintainable code
- Create documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Collaborate with your team to build game features, robust systems and UI that looks great and runs smoothly
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure high quality
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Mentor others on the team to help them succeed
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field with 10+ years of development experience
- Experience with Unity
- Significant programming experience in C#.
- Experience in Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good mentoring skills
- Experience with C++ is a bonus.
- Experience with backend technologies is a bonus.
- Prior Game Development Experience is a bonus
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K (US), RRSP (Canada) Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite
Requisition ID: P210584
Select Your Country of Residence