AVAILABLE POSITIONS Architect – Backend
Architect – Backend
Zynga is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Central Technology team. You will be working alongside a seasoned group of engineers specializing in building robust, large-scale, critical infrastructure, products and services that drive features in our biggest games. We own full-stack development for all of our products from building microservices, DevOps, deployment, and client integration. Join us as we solve challenges developing and operating products at scale, impacting millions of players daily and support our games to achieve the highest levels of success through expertly crafted software. No gaming experience is needed for the right candidate.
- Build and run large-scale backend services to be consumed by millions of users across mobile and web clients
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability, reliability and measurability of system components.
- Guide integration with mobile clients, internal systems, and game team infrastructure
- Collaborate with technical teams and integration partners on new and emerging technologies, figuring out how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, at least 3 of which in an architect or technical leadership role
- Extensive experience building and leading large-scale server applications in a cloud based environment, including server monitoring, provisioning, maintenance, and live-ops
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Go
- Familiar with microservices architecture
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Exhibit strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Knowledge or experience with mobile client development is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, etc)
- Additional expertise in C++ or C#
- Experience with containers and its related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Strong grasp of TCP, HTTP, server profiling tools, and debugging in a live environment
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX
Careers Type: Full-Time