AVAILABLE POSITIONS Architect, CI/CD – Central Technology
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! This individual will be a significant contributor to modernization, scalability, and resilience of core components of Zynga's infrastructure. The right candidate for this position will be an experienced cloud AWS systems engineer with solid understanding of modern infrastructure as code and configuration as code practices. They will have the ability to successfully drive adoption/support of shared tools and frameworks across multiple teams and support multiple platforms which are unique to building and testing games.
- Mentor teammates, growing their skills and providing career guidance driving a culture of technical excellence in software development and infrastructure design.
- Design, deploy and maintain all internal tools using infrastructure as code and configuration as code; participate in design/code reviews, measure code coverage, assess overall system quality, and ensure the effectiveness of automated test frameworks.
- Implement, optimize and refactor outstanding engineering practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at scaling solutions to all Zynga studios and teams.
- Document systems, workflows, tech plans for new architecture/system designs, taking a hands-on approach in writing and reviewing code and tech plans from others, assisting with Proof of Concept projects aligning with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Collaborate with internal customers to troubleshoot issues, improve stability, push adoption and support of automation frameworks as part of their development/release pipeline including how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ years of software development experience, at least 3 years in a tech lead or other leadership roles; leading projects from ground up, demonstrating proficiency creating milestones, breaking up work into components, and delivering results as projected
- 8+ years of developing software tools for wide adoption within an enterprise including close partnerships with internal customers
- In-depth understanding of best practices for Continuous Integration pipelines and how to champion those practices within an enterprise
- Significant experience with Python, Golang, C# or C++ required.
- Experience with AWS cloud computing (EC2, RDS)
- Experience integrating monitoring tools into software (preferably Datadog, Splunk)
- Experience with building and deploying containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging, security and performance optimization
- 4+ years experience with multi-platform systems interaction (Linux/Mac/Windows)
- Experience with infrastructure/configuration-as-code (preferably Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with iOS, Android, Unity or Unreal development a plus.
- Experience using automated test frameworks such as Appium/Selenium.
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
**Remote work from another location could be considered**
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $155,000 and $230,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Bay Area, CA, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: P211506
Select Your Country of Residence