AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Architect – Central Technology
Zynga is seeking a veteran engineer to join our Central Technology team. The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, Graph, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing all game teams in Zynga across 13 global locations.
- Architect and implement mobile SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity used by all Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, CSR2 and more.
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emergent technologies, ascertaining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Review detailed designs from others, align with Zynga-wide technical vision, and exercise technical leadership on the team and overall engineering organization.
- Maintain a deep understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Implement exceptional engineering practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Mentor teammates at all levels and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Work closely with Product Management on feature definition and Project Management on project schedules.
- Provide production and integration support for products running in all games.
- BS, MS in computer science, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent) with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- 10+ years of proven software development experience, at least 3 years in a tech lead or other leadership roles
- Strong experience with development and architecture of SDKs in C#, Objective C, Android Java, Unity / C#, and/or C++.
- Experience with mobile architectures, development, and deployment of apps in the iTunes store and Google Play store.
- Proven experience with performance optimization.
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and new technologies.
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish.
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the knack to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to mentor others and coordinate a project across multiple engineers.
- Experience with server-side technologies in Java/C++/Go or REST APIs is a plus.
- You are ambitious, demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Gourmet created lunch created by ZCulinary daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- On-Site gym and fitness classes
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: San Francisco, CA
Careers Type: Full-Time