AVAILABLE POSITIONS Senior Application Security Engineer
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Zynga is currently seeking an Application Security Engineer to work on today’s evolving offensive and defensive measures in the application security field. This individual will be responsible for assessing Zynga gaming systems security at a software and product level, and help drive remediation efforts to improve security within our gaming products and services. The position will report directly to the Director of Application Security, and be a member of our Cybersecurity team, resident under Zynga’s CTO organization. The right candidate will possess experience and familiarity with software and computer systems, hands-on technical skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Conduct penetration testing against native mobile applications, web services, Cloud (AWS and GCP) front-end & back-end services
- Validate internal, external and crowd-sourced application security findings and articulate them to studio engineering teams.
- Conduct infrastructure assessments of Cloud, network, and data services that support Zynga gaming platforms
- Help maintain security engineering infrastructure services and custom tooling used by the application security team
- Perform reverse engineering of mobile application products and/or source code reviews (manual and SAST code audits) as needed
- Participate in documenting game architecture and performing threat modeling for white-box assessment activities
- Be able to think both offensively (like a hacker) and defensively (evaluating product security and security architecture)
- Aspire to be a subject matter expert for secure coding practices, penetration testing, mobile platform security and all aspects of application and product security
- Perform any other application security or product security related activities or tasks as needed or directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience as a software engineering or security practitioner.
- A pen-test certification such as Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), OSWE, OSCE, GPEN, GMOB, GWAPT, GXPN, or willing to work towards ultimately obtaining one
- Experience: 2-5 yrs in field, entry level
- Experience with one or more of Java, C, C++, C#, Go, Python, PHP, Obj-C/Swift, and familiarity with compiler/build environment for mobile applications, Linux and OSX
- Ability to thrive in an informal, startup environment
- Ability to learn what you don’t know, rapid learning of new technologies and languages, and problem solve on the boundaries of your knowledge set.
- Travel: No routine travel required. Infrequent travel required (yearly team meeting)
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily – stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Active Employee Groups – Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Work with cool people!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: IT, Development Operations & Security
Careers location: Eugene, OR
Careers Type: Full-Time