AVAILABLE POSITIONS Animation Intern – Summer 2019
The Animation Intern will be working with a team of technical artists and mobile engineers to develop amazing animation and special effects using Maya and Unity. The position’s primary duties are creating and texturing 3D mesh, packing texture sheets, creating and animating characters and particle systems, and assembling Unity prefabs. The ideal candidate has well-rounded experience in a 3D program and animation.
- You will confidently challenge the status quo in order to improve things, while staying aware of the scope and technical limitations of our game engine.
- Assertive when needed, you voice concerns, generate ideas for improvements, and stay on the cutting edge of animation technology and technique.
- Be able to work and communicate well in a team environment and come up with creative, inspiring, and dazzling animations.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while also giving accurate estimations of when work will be completed.
- We would like Animators who are highly passionate about creating the best and entertaining experiences for our users.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Passion for creating fun and compelling animations for games.
- Experience with UV mapping, rigging and animating in Maya.
- Disciplined organizational skills for clean hand offs.
- Core Photoshop CC skills such as compositing, texture painting, and tiling
- Understanding of the technical limitations and optimization that game-engines require. (Unity)
- Understanding of particle behaviors and simulations.
- Willingness to work with a team and take direction from the Animation Lead and Art Director.
- A demo reel indicating a basic understanding of parallaxing environment animation and character rigging and animation.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university, working towards a degree a BA, BS, MS, or MBA degree.
Careers region: North America
Careers Category: Students: New Grads & Interns
Careers location: Chicago, IL
Careers Type: Array