AVAILABLE POSITIONS Analytics Intern – 3 Month Summer Placement
Start Date: July 2019
End Date: September 2019
Duration: 3 months
Location: London, UK
Application Deadline: 31st January 2019
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Are you an undergraduate looking to gain experience in working in Data Science, including the terminology and techniques that exist for finding insights in large datasets? Then we want to hear from you.
NaturalMotion’s Data Analytics team employs cutting-edge technology to provide self-service data tools and deep-dive analysis. These tools and analysis help us to make amazing games, we work closely with product teams to constantly improve our games and make them better and more fun through data.
You’ll be supported by a mentor who will take responsibility for your personal development and share expertise with you to ensure your project’s success. Example projects include:
- Predicting the long-term behaviour of game users from their actions in their first few sessions.
- Predicting if a user will lapse from the game according to their recent behaviour.
- Modelling a game subsystem or building a simulation to understand player behaviour and optimise the game’s design.
- Build tools for advanced data mining of large data sets.
- Creating toolsets to visualise and evaluate AB test results and their statistical significance.
- Undergraduate, studying Data Analytics, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar
- You can code and enjoy hacking/building things, preferably in Python.
- The idea of drawing insights from data to improve products excites you.
- You have a natural curiosity for the pattern behind things and an interest in mobile games.
What Previous Interns Say About NaturalMotion
“This experience has provided me with a great insight into the gaming industry and allowed me to connect and collaborate with many talented and knowledgeable individuals. As an added bonus in joining NaturalMotion, the little perks help create a welcoming atmosphere. Every Friday, free lunch is provided and it never disappoints followed by happy hour in the evening. There are also lunches with the team and CEO during the week, which provides a great time to socialise and learn new things from other disciplines.”
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter. Your covering letter should include:
- Why you would like to do an internship with NaturalMotion?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
What Do We Offer?
- Paid internship, working with a collaborative team that will share their experience with you
- A diverse team of friendly and supportive co-workers
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Friday team lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Students: New Grads & Interns
Careers location: London, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time