AVAILABLE POSITIONS 3D Animator – StarWars IP
Note: Please include the link to your portfolio when submitting your application
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring Console-quality action game experiences to Mobile platforms.
As 3D Animator, you will build outstanding and diverse animations, from initial roughs to final quality, for our upcoming Star Wars game. In your role, you’ll collaborate daily with members of our Design and Engineering teams to drive forward the phenomenal quality standards our studio is known for.
You’ll be joining our dedicated Animation Team responsible for building expressive and joyful animations that “wow” our players. We’ll help you develop and hone your skills and talents, learn from the experience and expertise of your peers, and collaborate with our Concept Artists and Modellers to craft truly inspiring characters.
Keeping the health and safety of our employees top of mind, and while we are currently operating in a remote working model, our studio remains open for flexible use. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique, and will work with you on the best way to join our team during this time.
We are proud that in both 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion and BossAlien were named as some of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build a landmark title. We look forward to meeting you!
Requirements and qualifications
- Responsible for crafting work consistently, and ensuring that each animation has the right expressiveness and personality, to support the game’s vision.
- Knowledgeable in hand-keyed and motion-captured animation.
- Knowledgeable in game engine implementation.
- Strong understanding of core animation princinples, such as ‘timing’ and ‘weight’.
- Deep understanding of human and animal body mechanics and anatomy.
- Passionate about the art and culture of animation.
- Self-motivated and strong time-management skills.
- Able to productively collaborate with Engineers, Designers, and Producers to ensure a consistent game vision.
- A keen eye for production and pipeline issues, with the ability to recommend and advocate for improvements when appropriate.
- Comfortable participating in reviews; able to respond to critical feedback in a professional manner, and to contribute constructive feedback to your peers.
- Possessing an excellent portfolio that accurately demonstrates talents and ability.
Skills and Experience Required
- Prior experience working as a 3D Animator in games.
- Strong proficiency with Maya.
- Experience in working with and optimising motion-capture data.
- Self-organised and happy to participate in team meetings.
An exceptional candidate will possess
- Knowledge of Unreal Blueprint system.
- Prior experience building productive relationships with external teams.
- A passion for Games.
- A love for Star Wars.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 day’s holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Careers region: NM - United Kingdom
Careers Category: Art & User Experience
Careers location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Careers Type: Full-Time