Senior UX Designer - Poker
Senior UX Designer - Poker
Zynga Poker Studio is looking for an exceptional Senior User Experience Designer!
The Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for creating user-centered design solutions that are both useful and beautiful. This includes all phases of the design process from conceptual design/development (e.g. product strategy, prototyping) to execution and implementation.
Common artifacts include interaction models, interface and visual design concepts, prototypes, user task/interaction flows, navigation and information architecture maps, storyboards, persona/scenario development, etc. The designer will work closely with the Experience Director to establish and maintain the design integrity of the game experience end to end.
KEY SKILLS & ACTIVITIES:
- Candidates should possess a human-centered approach to design and demonstrated experience putting HCD methodologies into practice.
- Exceptional visual design sensibilities
- Ability to adapt and operate within a variety of creative styles
- Translate rough concepts into working models and prototypes
- Further the user experience toward a cohesive unified vision through hands-on design, having a critical eye toward developing a consistent product. Desire to push design methodologies
- Interpret analytics, user research, and testing - apply findings to design solutions.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations on existing user experience
- Develop design to dev documentation (e.g. specifications/guidelines)
- Translate customer and business requirements into viable design concepts that inspire team members and colleagues to develop the right product
- Contribute to the evolution and strategy of design policies and practices as they apply to the implementation of standards, interaction, color, typography, artwork, and all other visual/interactive expressions of the user experience
- Interface with key internal client and project stakeholders to ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products/experiences and bring new ideas to the team
- Possess strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Understands and articulates the value of design and brand within a design and business context
- Make decisions regarding own work and make recommendations in regard to the larger team
- Act as a recognized and active resource on User Experience Design for others in the company
- The successful candidate will have solid experience in the interactive design field. Interactive entertainment experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a design related field is required
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience.
- Interactive, GUI, user-centered, and mobile design experience for consumer facing products/software required
- Strong digital portfolio is a must.
- The position requires expert creative and design skills as they apply to typography, color, layout/composition, perspective, imagery, and mobile/device interaction.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of research practices, interaction design best practices, HCI design principles and apply them in a creative way (e.g. rapid prototyping techniques, paper prototyping, concept mapping, card sorting, task analysis, scenario development, use case development, ethnographic research, persona creation, object modeling).
- The ideal candidate must possess strong artistic design sensibilities and systems. Expert knowledge of optimization techniques, craft issues, and performance considerations is a must.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to design complex interactive experiences geared toward performance.
- Solid project management and analytical skills required. Candidate must be highly organized and have significant experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines. A strong, almost obsessive, attention to detail is required.
- Ideal candidates will possess strong collaboration and influencing skills. Excellent grammatical skills and the ability to communicate clearly verbally, visually and in writing, is key to success in this position. Must have a demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively under pressure and ambiguity while balancing speed and quality.