Senior Director of Quality Assurance
Senior Director of Quality Assurance
The Senior Director of QA will be responsible for leading the central Quality Operations function at Zynga on a global scale, ensuring quality assurance oversight of all company activities related to quality best practice, platform compliance and release management.
They will be responsible for developing and leading a high performing central QA team; promoting best practice; acting as a mentor and coach, and building knowledge and expertise that the team implements across the studio teams.
They will also be responsible for continuously improving our quality tools and process, discipline progression, vendor selection, and planning for the long term.
VP of Operations
- Embodies the QA strategy, instilling shared values and focus areas within the function. Guide and inspire the studio QA teams, acting as a translator of high level, long-term vision and strategy into concrete direction and action plans for the team, highlighting relevance and benefits to studio level.
- Creates productive working relationships with other discipline leaders within the company to increase goal alignment and represent the value of Quality Operations to studio leadership.
- Identifies and implements process improvements: evolves, optimizes, and defines company-wide processes that can benefit multiple projects in a proactive manner.
- Act as a role model for QA Directors and QA Managers in the business, coaching them and driving effective 1:1 and team conversations and actions, performance and development, at individual and studio level, maximizing opportunities for team member’s success, recognizing and rewarding outstanding results, and making tough decisions as needed, always striving to build a high-performance QA function and developing capabilities for the future.
- Design test strategies using a variety of techniques, tools, and technologies: selects the appropriate methods based on defined objectives including cost, efficiency, effectiveness, and balancing available resources, uses information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- Liaises on external issues requiring attention, helps set priorities and directs partner teams like Publishing, Marketing, and Central Operations in relation to QA best practice.
- Contributes with industry experience, quality discipline and management knowledge and insight into capabilities – people, technology, and QA partners.
- Provides options and makes decisions about the balance between quality, time, and cost.
- Pushes for efficiencies and sets quality goals, drives the quality goal to completion.
- Builds effective studio QA ownership by inspiring, motivating, and energizing: creates an effective organizational structure, defines an organization that meets project goals, drives the creation and consolidation of a strong team culture focused on pioneering quality, and boosting team members’ passion, creativity, determination, teamwork and learning every single day.
- 10+ years’ experience in software testing.
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar leadership role.
- Understanding of project management methodology; tolerances, change, and gates.
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Understanding of utilization of automation in software testing.
- Capable of identifying and recruiting key talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques.
- Familiarity with the software project lifecycle related to games as a service.