Release Engineer will facilitate the submission and releases for NaturalMotion/ Zynga, as well as provide support for all platform admin tasks.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Drive submission and release best practice with the games teams.
- Provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and leadership team to reduce risks around scheduled dates.
- Work closely with the other members of the release team in NM and Zynga across San Francisco, Bangalore and Chicago.
- Work closely with the certification team to ensure smooth delivery of certified product to market.
- Be comfortable working and coordinating with teams across multiple time zones, and overcoming the challenges that poses.
- Be able to support tasks on the JIRA service desk board from other Zynga offices and teams.
- Be able to create and update documentation that can be used by all release team members across NM and Zynga and be willing to educate.
- Active participation in meetings to discuss latest platform changes and company road map updates.
- Be able to highlight improvement in release process and drive discussion within the team.
- Actioning the submission and release of apps and updates via the relevant platform portals.
- Managing and actioning platform admin requests via the Jira Service Desk.
- Examples of tasks include:
- Processing build uploads for testing.
- Managing Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) certificates.
- Creation and editing of In App Purchases (IAPs) on all platforms.
- Managing additions and changes to meta data items on both Gamecenter and Google Play Games Services.
- Platform account access requests.
- Managing provisioning profiles and development certificates.
- Processing leavers on the 3rd party systems.
- Keeping on top of weekly tasks as required by the S&R manager.
- Maintaining the archive of submitted data.
- Conducting professional written and verbal communication with key stakeholders.
- Providing additional assistance for S&R tasks such as documentation, updating store text (including localisations) and dealing with the platform development portals.
- Identify and track the latest platform changes and ensure relevant teams are informed of changes.
- Excellent understanding of mobile ecosystems/Excellent understanding of the mobile developer platforms.
- Understand the risks present in any planned submission or release and quickly and clearly flag with the project management.
- Understand and highlight risks around new platform developments and work with the team to ensure they do not impact the apps current and future versions.
- Be able to post mortem submissions that experienced issues and use the information to create new checks to ensure that issue doesn’t happen again for any project.