Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games!
Do you want to create exciting mobile gaming experiences? Zynga is building a new team for an exciting emerging platform and we're looking for a software engineer to help bring Words With Friends to millions of new users. We don't just develop some of the world's most popular games, we also deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. We innovate in all facets of game design, mobile technologies, and massive scalability.
The successful candidate will enjoy combining software development at scale with a passion for gaming to provide our game studios with the engineering expertise that will help drive our continued success.
Come join us! You’ll find a dynamic and engaging culture with great perks (free lunches, gym membership, subsidized commuting to/from the office using public transit, offsite events). Our office is located in the downtown core and is easily accessible via the TTC and GO transit.
- Provide and validate costing estimates for feature implementation
- Write and review technical specification documents
- Demonstrate excellent coding and development skills, including critical review and improvements to software developed by other engineers
- Mentor junior and senior members of the team fostering an innovative environment where technical excellence, reliability, and measurability is nurtured
- Work closely with Product Management on feature definition and Project Management on project schedules
- Investigate areas of ambiguity to provide guidance to the engineering team
- Solve very large and complex problems involving multiple components
- Help define best practices and write live operations playbooks intended to deliver and maintain high QoS at scale
The best candidates will have solid experience developing web games or applications utilizing Web 2.0 technologies.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software development
- Expertise with CSS and frameworks such as LESS or Sass
- Expertise with build/automation systems such as Grunt or Gulp
- Expertise with modern development patterns including MVC/MVP/MVVM
- Strong experience building complex and performant web user interfaces
- Experience with WebGL, animations and particle effects is a plus
- Experience with Node.js and AWS
- Expert of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (Git), build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong experience with live operations, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- Excellent eye for detail, and a love of problem solving
- Working knowledge of mobile app/game landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and platforms