New Grad Full-time Software Engineer (UR) 2018
New Grad Full-time Software Engineer (UR) 2018
About our New Grad Software Engineering program:
Do you want to define what PLAY means on the web? We’re currently searching for New Grad Software Engineers for our locations throughout North America who can bring Zynga’s games to the forefront of the industry. Whether it’s in our Web and Mobile Games Division, or in our Platform and Systems Division, Zynga's software engineers don't just develop some of the world's largest games, they deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, web technologies, and massive scalability. Like other companies facing explosive growth, Zynga faces a number of challenges—but many are unique to our situation: the large data requirements of online gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions. Zynga software engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between front end, back end, and architecture roles.
By applying for our Software Engineer position, you will be considered by our recruiters for all software engineering opportunities across Zynga's many engineering teams. Here are some of the areas we’re currently considering candidates for:
Zynga Games: Web & Mobile Game Development
- Performance: Games are only as good as the way they perform so we dedicate a pod of engineers to focus solely on supporting the game across multiple areas. This could be optimizing the loading funnel, building tools to speed art creation, building a particle VFX system or refactoring the build system to support pushing code to 10,000 servers in 10 seconds. Your work won’t be confined to any one place; the problems will vary and will continuously challenge you. You won’t be alone either; you will learn and share best practices across all our other games on a regular basis.
Zynga Infrastructure: Platform and Systems
- Systems Engineering: Systems engineers build simple, survivable, high-availability network systems, as well as SQL and NoSQL databases. The work that systems engineers do at Zynga also contributes to the open source community and delivers complete infrastructure at Zynga scale.
Regardless of whether you are focused on front-end or back-end technologies (or both!), you can be assured that you’re working on various aspects of bringing our games to hundreds of millions of people around the world!
Application Requirements: If you have not yet graduated and are either currently in your final year or term of a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program, or are within one year of having obtained your degree, then you are eligible to apply for one of our New Grad positions.
What we look for:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong object-oriented skills preferred
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Exposure to game design and development experience (academic, employment, or personal)
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or CVS is a plus!
- Facebook, Google+, iOS, or Android development experience is a plus!
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- If you have a link that exhibits your work, be sure to include that in your application.
Benefits & Perks at Zynga:
- Health Benefits: Zynga pays 100% of benefit premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for all U.S. full-time employees and 75% of their dependents’ premiums.
- Free breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks you’ll ever want or need. Zynga workers are a well-fed bunch. Our great culinary staff provides meals for our entire workforce five days a week.
- Zynga employees receive an abundance of cool freebies and gear all year long!
- Dog-friendly! Every day is “bring your dog to work day.”
- Relaxation lounges! Unwind with ping pong, foosball, or an assortment of arcade games, console games, and more
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S., Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.