Do you have strong creative vision? Can you oversee the marketing creative for multiple Entertainment products at once? Can you lead teams of artists, designers, and producers to create memorable Marketing Campaigns?
Zynga’s Marketing Division is looking for an exceptional Art Director with a strong track record of memorable and efficient creative campaigns.
As the Art Director you will oversee all marketing creative projects, game campaigns, staff and be responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the marketing department. You will direct creative projects from concept to completion and translate marketing and business objectives into creative strategies and campaigns across all channels, including online ads, radio, TV, print, OOH, email, social media, and any other relevant channel. You’ll lead and develop cross-disciplinary development and execution of short-term (project-specific) and long-term (engagement specific) creative strategies. The AD communicates Zynga’s marketing creative and business philosophy, methodology and capabilities to internal and external parties including game teams and partner groups. You’ll partner with the CMO and internal business leads to conceptualize design/visual systems that will advance the company’s business, marketing, advertising and branding objectives turning them into clear executable steps.
We are committed to developing high quality casual and multi player games! Come join us ... we're having a ball!
- Work with leadership (Chief Marketing Officer, Studio General Managers, Product Marketing Managers) to establish creative marketing campaigns across several products at once
- Manage the relationships with our agencies
- Direct internal and external creative resources to the highest standards
- Manage tight delivery pipelines and schedules.
- Understand and be able to clearly articulate artistic rationale in relation to Creative Direction
- Establish and direct creative style (for each game, campaign etc) and be able to deliver consistently with that style including look and feel, tone and voice, and key messaging.
- Support the company brand to ensure consistent use of the brand identity. Ensure all creative, marketing and corporate materials conform to standards for consistency in visual identity, messaging and positioning, including voice and personality
- Lead concept creation efforts
- Evaluate multiple concepts for various projects, and discern and articulate to the team which ideas are most valid and worth pursuing
- Research, explore and communicate best practices in design and discern which competitive ideas are most effective. Lead the development of goals, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms
- Mentor designers, copywriters, and artists to help them grow into increasingly larger and more influential roles
- Analyze metrics to understand successes, setbacks, and opportunities. Communicate results and recommendations for improvement
- 8+ years in an Art Director role, preferably including time at an agency. Bonus points for game marketing experience
- Proven experience in Advertising, Marketing, Communications
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Graphic, Design, Interactive Design, Interactive Advertising, Print Design, Publishing, Broadcast, Film, Television, and Audiovisual arts
- Proven acumen in a fast-paced, high-volume, "roll-up your sleeves," deadline-driven online marketing environment
- Exceptional leadership qualities and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with executive management teams and cross-functional teams
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; concept through execution
- Solid "left-brain" portfolio with ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, clients, and team members
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines balancing speed and quality
- Exception project management expertise and analytical skills
- Always-positive attitude; inspiring persona with team
- Successful track record working with multidisciplinary creative teams in the production of online and offline projects
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or related studies. Masters in Design a plus